
If there's one thing among all the things I love about the Christmas holidays, it would have to be Christmas baking.How many of us love to munch on Christmas goodies and treats? I know I can count myself as one of those people. As I sit here and think about what I am going to bake this coming holiday, cookies and breads come to mind. I love all kinds of cookies. My husband loves sugar cookies very much so I make my dough and cut snowflakes out with my cookie cutter. I like to decorate my snowflakes with pale blue royal icing. I have included my sugar cookie recipe and a recipe for royal icing on my recipe cards. I hope you enjoy them.I love pumpkin bread and zucchini bread. I have so many recipes for pumpkin bread so I picked one out and I will have to put it on as a page element since the recipe is too long for my recipe cards.Have you ever had Panettone? It it so delicious! I can't believe I lived forty-three years without once having tasted Panettone! I once saw Martha Stewart making panettone with her mother and it just looked so good. I lived in a city that just didn't have a wide array of food in any of our grocery stores. Hardly any ethnic foods were avaliable except for the Mexican food aisle. I'm hispanic so I knew all about what that aisle offered! In any case, in 2003 my husband and I moved to a city with the population of over a million people and I discovered so many different types of food. I was in bakers heaven. I now have access fo a Whole Foods Market and World Market. I would have to say that those two places are my favorite hang-outs.Last year, I made gingerbread boys and they came out pretty darn good. I bought a really nice set of gingerbread boy cookie cutters at my local bakery supply store. They were a little pricey but of good quality. I have included a gingerbread boy cookie recipe for you to try. I will leave new recipes for you from time to time and I hope you will get yourself a nice Christmas apron and start baking. By the way, Ross Dress for Less sells wonderful Christmas aprons during the holidays. One last thing, be sure to make yourself some of my wonderful Sassy Sangria so you can enjoy while you wait for your goodies to come out of the oven.




2 comments:
I love your blog!!
Laurie
Shabby in The City led me to your blog. I am a Christmas NUT! This is so great to find...I just wish I could cook. lol I adore sugar cookies at the holidays and I have never, ever been able to make them with any success. Last year, I begged until my sister finally mailed me some from Florida. I plan on doing just as much begging THIS year, too. lol
Post a Comment