Monday, September 17, 2007

Going Shopping at Family Dollar and Big Lots

I was sitting here tonight thinking about hitting some of the dollar stores to look for decorative ceramic Christmas decorations. I need to get my sister Cyndi to go with me as we always buy the same things. I was told last year by one of the Family Dollar managers that Christmas boxes start arriving in late September or early October. I'll start taking pictures of my ornaments that I've bought at thrift stores and at my favorite place, Lubbock Antique Mall. I know that the Christmas stuff from Family Dollar or Big Lots aren't what you call vintage or even remotely heirloom quality but we have found some precious things there. Wish us luck because we will hit the stores on Wednesday!

3 comments:

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Can't wait to see what you find!!
Barbara

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

You've been tagged! Please visit my blog for details!
Hugs,
Barbara

Peta said...

I can't wait to see your finds! I have already found a few things at thrift stores and swap meets.