
Silent night, holy night....ah, the feeling of Christmas never leaves my heart and even though I pack up my spinnng tree after the New Year I am still thinking of the holidays.
Twinkling lights of many colors adorn my tree and I wouldn't have it any other way. People love white, amber, red or the multicolored ones. I prefer the multicolored ones myself. But whatever your color scheme I'm sure that your tree is the most beautiful of all.
I slipped into a comfy chair earlier and thought about my tree. Would I ever change the way I decorate my own tree? Probably not. It woudn't be my tree. I was never into fad trees and luckily those are few and far in-between! I have amassed a large collection of ornaments from family, friends and my children from Kindercare. I worked at Kindercare for eleven years and I was given some of the most beautiful ornaments by my kids and their parents. In all those years and all those ornaments my most treasured is an ornament my Center Director and friend Allison made for me. She made a large wooden Christmas tree ornament with our last name on it. She painted snow falling on the tree and it's top with a gold star. She wrote: The Nelson's, 1996 on it. Sadly, she passed away at age 44 in 2003. Through her, I fell in love with antiques and collectibles. Thanks Allison.
So this year, again, I will decorate with all of my ornaments. I can't leave any of them out. I try but....they wind up on the tree somehow.
Well, now is a good time for you to start making the Merry Spiced Apple Cider and start thinking of how you will decorate your tree this year. Me, I'm staying loyal to all my ornaments.




No comments:
Post a Comment